3/05/23

music!!

background
i've been wanting to use music but i wasn't sure what to use. my first thought was this is what falling out of love feels like by JVKE for obvious reasons but one of my favorite artists, Ruel, just came out with an album. A lot of the songs on the album are about heartbreak, specifically breaking up with someone. I've been considering changing my topic but I think this is a sign to go forward with the heartbreak idea. anyways, my idea would be to change the intro i've previously mentioned and have the short film begin with the protagonist asleep in her car as the song plays in the background.

options
although i'm still keeping the first option on the table, here are all the options & the specific portions i'd like to use.

this option has less lyrics than the rest because there's a large portion at the beginning that's just instrumental. JVKE has risen in popularity through tiktok and his songs "golden hour" & "this is what falling in love feels like". although "this is what falling out of love feels like" is less known, it's definitely still well known and easily recognisable. the lyrics are straightforward so they directly establish what the film will be about.


b: GO ON WITHOUT ME by Ruel
this particular piece stuck out to me because towards the end of my relationship, i felt that i couldn't reciprocate the love i was receiving and felt that i was failing as a girlfriend. however, between this and the next i'm leaning more towards the latter because it has more parts i can fit into the film.


c: JAPANESE WHISKEY by Ruel
what i like more about this song is that he uses japanese whiskey as a metaphor for the relationship, which connects back to my previous post of wanting the short film to have little things that tie together the plot. i love "aha" moments in art and i want to recreate the feeling i felt when i first heard the lyrics. additionally, the second part that i included could be used later on in the film so i can fully milk whatever exuberant amount i'm gonna have to pay to use the song. as of now, i'm really between this and the first option. maybe both? but within 5 minutes i'm not sure. ugh. making decisions sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Wow. My A level portfolio project is done. I can’t wrap my head around how fast these past 10 weeks have flown by, let alone that this is my...