4/01/23

Class Meeting #2, Filming, & Filming Problems

PART 1 - CLASS MEETING

Today's Group
Eugenia, Manny, Wade, Jack S., & I

How Everyone's Doing
Everyone seems to be in ok shape, we're all in different spots but we're doing alright. We discussed postcards since we're all doing short films and Wade's looks super cool. I might start taking pictures for the postcard when we film today, but I should probably figure out what I want the picture to be.

Overall Notes
- start postcard
- focus on something that hints at plot but not obvious
- go for non cr music (rca records doesn't respond)
- try to post more on social media

PART 2 - FILMING

Filming Itself
We filmed a good chunk of the project but ran into some more problems, which I'll explain later, but here are some still shots of what we filmed:

I might use some as Instagram posts then post behind the scenes.

Filming Problems
1 - pic taken by jula because santi was lost
I'm not sure why I never thought to check, but as we stood outside Little Hen at around 6 PM for the third time this week I googled their hours to see it's open 8 AM-3 PM. Words cannot describe how stupid I felt at that moment. Weston Commons also has an ice cream place called Coldstone and a Panera so we went to Coldstone assuming it would be empty since it was a Thursday. But of course, we went at the exact same time that my graduating class had a 2 hour fundraiser at Coldstone. My life is one big joke being played against me.

As a last resort we go to Panera and are able to take some shots, however the script was written with the Little Hen parking lot (1) in mind rather than the Panera parking lot (2), so the pacing was off and there was too much wasted time I need for the rest of the film.

2 - still shot of my car from what we filmed
Yes, arguably I could've moved some things around to make it fit but it was also crowded and made the scene of me dropping the notebook and picking it up (3) too close and too awkward. We'll refilm this next week. It's cutting it close, but I'll make it work.
3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Wow. My A level portfolio project is done. I can’t wrap my head around how fast these past 10 weeks have flown by, let alone that this is my...