3/12/22

portfolio project week 5 (3/7-3/13) post #3

Day 1 Shooting!!

AHHH I’m so excited to finally start. I went to Grace’s house today at 11 and we shot all the real room + bathroom scenes. Tomorrow we’ll shoot what’s left. Here's some info:

Props


Here are the props we used for the real room!! They'll all be seen in the next picture below. Everything down to the book titles is meant to represent happiness and stability. The last picture is a picture of me (Meredith) and Grace's mom (Patti) that will be important for context in the film opening. It's in the second picture but I wanted a clearer look. Unfortunately, I'm stupid and didn't take a picture of the necklace to post but if you zoom in I'm wearing it in the picture. I'll post the fake room + bathroom props tomorrow.


Rule of Thirds




I filmed today and Grace will film tomorrow so we do an equal part. While setting up the camera, I noticed that all the props seemed to coincidentally be in their own third so I quickly went to my phone settings and turned the grid camera option on (shoutout to my middle school film teachers Ms. Schrager and Mr. Hengge) so I could properly fit them into their own third. Patti will be in the center and lower middle thirds, showing that she is the focus. The props will be in the upper thirds and lower right third to not draw too much attention to them. I'll do the same tomorrow.

Filming

Finished: Real room + bathroom scenes
To do: Imaginary room, imaginary bathroom, & both hallway scenes

I'm so glad we started filming, I had so much fun with Grace today. We have the script set but I'm  not posting it yet in case we change some lines (we did so today) so that will be posted when we're done filming. I'm so excited to do the Meredith scenes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Wow. My A level portfolio project is done. I can’t wrap my head around how fast these past 10 weeks have flown by, let alone that this is my...